Request an Independent Supporter

Complete the following form to request an independent supporter

Who should use this form?

  • Parent(s) or carer(s) of a child or young person transferring from Statement to EHCP
  • Parent(s) or carer(s) of a child or young person where a new EHC Needs Assessment is going ahead
  • Parent(s) or carer(s) of a young person with a current Learning Difficulty Assessment and continuing in education, who wish to request an EHC Needs Assessment
  • A young person in any of the circumstances above can also request an Independent Supporter in their own right. Their parents/carers can also make a request for an Independent Supporter for themselves, on a separate form.
  • Children cannot request an Independent Supporter or be directly supported by one.

For the purposes of the Children and Families Act 2014:
a ‘child’ becomes a ‘young person’ at the end of the school year in which they turn 16.

Your details

My local authority is Nottingham
City County

This is a
Parent Request
Young Person Request

Young person request also made?
Parent request also made?

Child / Young Person Details

If the child/young person’s address differs from the referrer’s address, please add it here


I have used these services before:

To send this message please answer the question below - this is to check that you are a real person.